Edge 3D is a revised system for the inspection of glued and lasered edge bands on furniture parts. For example, too high edge bands are detected or even geometric features such as grooves and drill holes are recognized as such and distinguished from defects. In addition, defects such as edge breakouts on veneered edges or on real wood are visible. The ColourBrain®
Edge 3D system can be used in both, series production and batch-1 production for defect detection and process optimization, complementing the ColourBrain®
Furniture 4.0 system in an perfect way. As part of the product care, the heat dissipation has also been optimized so that the size of the system is more compact. The outstanding strength of the ColourBrain®
Edge 3D lies in the detection of topographic defects. For this purpose directed line lasers are used.Your benefits at a glance:
- Reliable detection of topographic defects, such as too high edge bands.
- Defect detection of veneer and real wood edges.
- Grooves and drill holes are detected and distinguished from defects.
- Q-Brain® defect classification and assignment in the production process.
- The system is suitable for both, series and batch-1 operation.